As a hostel manager, you are probably aware of all of the benefits of having a hostel management system in place. A good PMS keeps your hybrid hotel or hostel organised and allows staff to focus on servicing guests.
But is your current hostel PMS up to scratch? Technology has advanced in recent years and it’s important to keep your systems up-to-date.
Here’s what we believe are the 4 core elements of a great hostel PMS.
Most applications exist ‘in the cloud’, because of its cost savings and accessibility.
The benefits of having a cloud-based PMS at your hostel are:
- You don’t have to keep expensive servers and manage them on-site. The cost of hosting all of your data is included in the cost of your PMS, so you don’t have to pay for continuous server maintenance or worry about security.
- Cloud-based systems are extremely reliable. For example, GuestCentrix Hostel.Web guarantees 99.95% up-time, ensuring your hostel runs 24/7.
- Your PMS is accessible from anywhere, at any time, from any web browser. This means you could access it from your tablet remotely, while you’re away from the hostel.
Most of what is on the internet today is cloud-based, like your email or your Facebook account. Cloud has become the standard in today’s personal and business world.
Built specific to your needs
There are plenty of property management systems out there, but they’re very often more suited to the needs of an independent hotel, small guesthouse/Bed & Breakfast – or even a large hotel chain!
What hostel managers really need is a PMS designed specifically for the hostel, backpacker, and budget hotel industry.
For example, a solution like GuestCentrix Hostel.Web has features directed specifically for your industry, like:
- The ability to configure Dorms, Beds and Private Rooms.
- Full Groups and Mini Groups functionality allowing those groups to be broken up into individual bookings with their own payments or check-in when then traveller does not want to be part of the group anymore
- Staah & SiteMinder interface, direct connect HostelWorld interface.
Don’t spend money on systems that aren’t suited to the specific needs of your property. Do your research and compare those that are available to you, at an affordable cost.
Easy to use
Ease of use is paramount when it comes to your hybrid hotel or hostel PMS, because you will likely have high staff turnover as backpackers come and go.
You want your property management system to have an intuitive, user-friendly interface that is easy to understand.
Make sure you get a live demonstration of the product before you sign any contracts.
Features that help you increase revenue
Being in the accommodation industry means that there are always ways to increase profit and revenue – you just need the tools to back you up and make it work.
A hostel PMS like GuestCentrix Hostel.Web has yield management functionality to make sure you aren’t leaving money on the table. Additionally, it has business intelligence tools that allow you to track guest stays, market segments and booking sources.
Why not see how it works? Contact us for a live demonstration today